We’re mad about coffee pods here at Angelino’s - That being said, we’re also pretty big into reusing and recycling what we can to help the environment. Our coffee pods are recyclable (following removal of coffee grounds, filter, and foil), but we’re always looking for ways to do more.
Recently, we found inspiration via one of our favorite holidays - Halloween. Images of ghosts and zombies got us thinking - how could our coffee pods be given a second life? Well, we did some research and came up with some spooky and fun ways to upcycle this holiday - take a look below.
1. Glowing Lantern CraftTo start things off, what could be more perfect than a Halloween-decor inspired craft? This DIY’er devised a spooky way to make the most out of coffee pods by lighting up the Fall night with these fun lights! Minimal required materials and an ultimate cuteness factor make this coffee pod craft an ideal activity for your little ones this Halloween. These adorable glowing lanterns can be easily made and placed around your home to add a great homemade touch this holiday!
Visit here for simple instructions to this ghoulishly fun craft.
2. Ghost Marshmallow PoppersIf you’re hosting a get-together this Halloween, these Ghost Marshmallow Poppers are a great way to occupy the kids! We’ve got easy-to-follow instructions below, and you probably already have most of these materials lying around your home!
- Cleaned and empty coffee pods
- Double sided tape
- Electrical Tape
- White Card Stock
- Sharp knife
- Using a knife, cut an “x” into the bottom of each coffee pod. Then pull each tab formed in order to remove the bottom portions entirely.
- Stretch your balloons, tie the ends, and cut the top tip portion of the balloon off - leaving the tied end.
- Stretch each balloon over the bottom of the coffee pods, then use a piece of electrical tape to secure the balloon in place.
- Using the card stock, draw 2 simple ghost arms for each coffee pod and cut out using scissors. Attach arms using double sided tape.
- Draw on a ghost face using your Sharpie.
- Place one marshmallow into each completed popper.
- Simply pull the balloon back, let go, and watch the marshmallows fly!
3. Halloween Coffee Pod Spiders!Everyone is sure to get into the Halloween spirit with this great craft. Not only is this a great way to upcycle your used coffee pods, but we’ve never seen spiders look cuter!
Visit here for quick and easy directions.
4. Pumpkin Candy Corn Holders
Your going to love this great way to serve up a favorite Halloween treat - Candy Corn holders! Making them is simple, and will delight your trick-or-treaters. Follow these easy steps:
- Empty and clean coffee pods
- Construction paper
- Orange spray paint
- Cellophane bags
- Construction Paper
- Glue stick
- Googly eyes
- Candy corn
- Using your orange spray paint, coat the outside of each coffee pod and allow to dry.
- With black construction paper, outline your pumpkin’s mouth. Cut out and attach to the front of your coffee pod using a glue stick.
- Glue 2 googly eyes onto the coffee pod above the pumpkin’s mouth.
- Place 5 candy corn pieces into each cellophane bag and tie with ribbon to close.
- Put one candy corn cellophane bag into each coffee pod pumpkin.
- Voila! You’re ready for trick-or-treaters!
5. Gummy Worm Jell-O ShotsWe didn’t leave the adults out of the fun - coffee pods are actually the perfect mold for this favorite party pastime! Simply clean your coffee pods, tape over the hole in the bottom, pour in your favorite Jell-O shot recipe, add a gummy worm, and allow to set in your refrigerator. These are sure to be a hit at your next get-together!
Wondering what you should do with all those leftover coffee grounds? Save them in a tightly sealed jar and turn them into an amazing and natural face and body scrub. This is a great way to relax and refresh after a long Halloween night! Check out this DIY here.
October 08, 2019