January is National Hot Tea Month - How do you plan to sip?
January brings the New Year, fresh with new ambitions and plans; It also gives us the perfect excuse to celebrate one of our favorite beverages with National Hot Tea Month. The famous playwright, Arthur Wing Pinero, once fittingly said: “While there is tea, there is hope.” With colder temperatures and the winter wind nipping at your nose, we can’t think of a better way to get warm and cozy than with a piping hot mug of Chai in your hands. Hope and Chai sound like the perfect way to begin the journey into 2020.
Chai began its story in the Assam state of India nearly 200 years ago and has steadily increased in popularity worldwide since then as a beloved hot tea. In fact, Angelino’s best-selling tea is none other than our Bombay Chai, sourced directly from Chai’s historical origin in Assam. We thought a great way to honor National Hot Tea Month, and one of our favorite hot beverages would be to revisit a delicious Angelino’s Chai recipe. Happy sipping!
Creamy Vanilla Chai Latte
We have just the perfect Chai drink for you cozy up - try this amazingly creamy vanilla chai latte.
Expert Tip: Once your milk is heated, use a hand frother to add some delicious foam to the top of your chai.
- 6 oz. brewed Angelino’s Bombay Chai
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Ground cinnamon for finishing
- 3/4 cup milk (whole, non-dairy… whatever you prefer!)
- Combine milk, cinnamon stick, vanilla, and sugar in saucepan to heat, or heat in the microwave.
- Brew Angelino’s Bombay Chai into your favorite large mug.
- Pour heated milk mixture into your mug.
- Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and enjoy!
Makes one serving.
What’s your favorite Angelino’s tea to drink? We’d love to hear from you! @AngelinosCoffee
January 14, 2020