Okay, Angelino’s Coffee family - what’s your favorite flavor for Fall? Is it pumpkin ANYTHING? Pumpkin flavored and scented food and products are synonymous with the Fall season, with much of the preoccupation landing on coffee. We bet you’ve heard of the infamous Pumpkin Spice Latte! This year, a new and delicious variation of our favorite Fall brew has made its appearance - Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew.
Coffee drinkers have thoroughly embraced Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. The cool, creamy, and less sweet version of the traditional Pumpkin Spice Latte is carving its own way as a fantastic alternative to it’s warm and sweet cousin. While its popularity is steadily gaining, however, we haven’t yet met anyone who’s happy about spending $5 a day to satisfy their pumpkin craving. The solution? Make it at home!
Making your own Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew can seem intimidating because it’s a very different style of coffee, but we’re here to make it simple! Plus, you can pre-make a large batch so you can sip on your favorite pumpkin drink all week! Here’s how.
- Ice Cubes (find out how to make your own coffee ice cubes here!)
- 4 or 6 oz brewed Angelino’s Coffee
- Optional: maple or vanilla syrup for sweetening
Note: Ingredients are for a week’s supply so you can easily enjoy whenever you want!
- 2 and ½ tsp vanilla or maple syrup, plus more for optional sweetening
- 2 and ½ tsp pumpkin puree
- 1 and ¼ cup milk
- 2 and ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 and ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice, plus more for dusting
1. You’ll start by making the pumpkin foam. Combine milk, vanilla or maple syrup, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, sea salt, and pumpkin pie spice into a pitcher or bowl. Using a hand frother, froth your milk mixture until it reaches a consistency similar to whipped cream. As an alternative, you can place all ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth and creamy.
2. Brewing iced coffee. While cold brew is made over the course of many hours, brewing iced coffee with a Keurig only takes 1 minute! Though not as heavy as cold brew, iced coffee is an easy substitute for this DIY. Simply brew a cup (4-6 oz.) of your favorite Angelino’s coffee over ice - for this recipe, we prefer a bold Dark Roast. Optionally sweeten to taste with vanilla or maple syrup.
3. Top with foam. Spoon your desired amount of pumpkin foam over your iced coffee. Cover and refrigerate leftovers for use throughout the week.
Note: Homemade pumpkin cream can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. Shake or whisk to recombine before each use.
4. Add the finishing touches. Sprinkle additional pumpkin pie spice on top.
5. Sit back, relax, and enjoy! You’ve earned it.
Enjoying this recipe throughout the week is a breeze. Any time you’re ready for more, just brew a cup of your favorite Angelino’s Coffee and top with your refrigerated premade pumpkin cream. With a simple and delicious DIY recipe like this, who needs a coffee shop?
How did your Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew turn out? We’d love to see pictures! Tag us @angelinoscoffee #angelinoscoffee
Lover of all things pumpkin? Add-on a box of Angelino's infamous Pumpkin Spice when you place an order!
October 16, 2019