It's National Coffee Cake Day, coffee friends, and boy do we have a great recipe to share with you!
The sun is out, the weather is warming up, and we thought it'd be the perfect time to share one of our favorite springtime recipes with you - and, just in time for Easter! Let's get baking!
Blueberry Sunshine Coffee Cake
For the Cake:
- 1 and ¾ cups sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 oz Angelino's Coffee Blueberry Truffle coffee, brewed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the Icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, eggs, vanilla, lemon extract, sour cream, coffee, and sugar in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt, and mix until batter is well combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- In a greased 10-inch tube pan, pour batter and bake for 65 minutes.
- While coffee cake is baking, mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract together until smooth to make icing.
- Allow the coffee cake to cool and drizzle icing.
- Serve and enjoy!