The Health Benefits of Coffee - There is good news for those who have the sentiment that they need their comforting and ritualistic cup of coffee every day. Over 150 million Americans consume coffee daily, and starting off your day with a cup of Joe can have actually have some positive health benefits and healing properties. When consumed in moderation, just like wine and dark chocolate, coffee has been given a place on nutrition expert’s lists of foods for healthy living. Here are some of the health benefits that coffee consumption may provide you with:
- Coffee is loaded with antioxidants that can help lower the risk of high blood pressure and cholesterol, and may also reduce certain cancers, including breast, prostate and liver.
- Adding milk to your coffee provides a good source of calcium, vitamin D and other nutrients.
- Adding a natural sweetener, like honey, can help lower allergies and boost metabolism.
- The caffeine in coffee can help lower the appearance of cellulite. You can even place and wrap used coffee grounds on directly on cellulite areas with plastic wrap for up to 1 hour for better results.
- Coffee has antibacterial qualities that can be beneficial to your skin and used for many home remedies.
- A healthy 200-300 milligrams of coffee a day can actually help boost your brainpower and may help prevent Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Adding natural spices, like nutmeg and cinnamon, or sprinkling dark chocolate shavings are healthy and savory substitutions to harmful chemically created artificial flavors.
Display img on slider:
July 13, 2015